Solutions for Lakes & Source Water Reservoirs
Ixom Watercare offers effective active lake circulation technologies designed to solve a variety of water quality problems in lakes and source water reservoirs. There are two kinds of circulation settings to consider.
• Helps prevent and control cyanobacteria
(blue-green algae) blooms.
• Reduces taste and odor problems in drinking water reservoirs.
• Improves dissolved oxygen (DO) and pH levels throughout the circulation zone.
• Reduces invasive aquatic weeds & filamentous algae.
• Oxidizes manganese (Mn) & iron (Fe).
• Helps to prevent fish kills.
• Continuously de-gasses H2S.
• Reduces methyl-mercury (Hg).
Pay For The Project With Cost Savings
In many cases, SolarBees have paid for themselves in the first year with carbon savings at the water treatment plant and/or chemical savings in the lake. Some of our Customers have reported savings over $500,000 per year in plant operating costs compared to before they installed SolarBee® equipment!
Equipment Types Available
• SolarBee® Lake Circulators operate 24/7 to improve the water quality completely off solar power. Each SolarBee can achieve flow rates up to 10,000 gallons per minute with an area of influence area up to 35 acres. SolarBees can also be configured to run strictly off the grid-power for smaller applications where electrical power is readily available near shore.
our SolarBee For Lakes brochure!
• AerationPlus© Lake & Pond Circulators are a submerged air-powered circulation solution. They are perfect for applications such as city park ponds, marinas, small stormwater ponds or near-shore areas of larger lakes and reservoirs.
our AerationPlus brochure!
Featured Lake Videos
Access our entire Lake Video Library here!
Need more information?