Water and Wastewater Funding Opportunities- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
Information for Consulting Engineers, Water / Wastewater Treatment Facilities
As most everyone in the water industry knows by now, water and wastewater systems are about to get a much needed funding boost over the next 5 years due to the recent passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) of 2021.
The following is a quick breakdown of relevant funding designations as it pertains to available Ixom Watercare solutions.
Relevant IIJA Funding Opportunities
$23.5 billion in funding will be made available through the existing Drinking Water State Revolving Fund and the Cleanwater State Revolving Fund. 50% of this funding (~$11 billion) are to consist of grants and/or principal forgiveness loans.
Another $9 billion in grants are designated to address per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and other emerging contaminants.
It is expected these funds may be available as early as mid-2022. We encourage you to start project identification and development in preparation for this rare funding infusion.
Update: The US EPA sent a letter to State Governors detailing funding information including a state by state list of initial first funding allocations. It can be found here. Reference page 4.
Ixom Watercare Solutions
Ixom Watercare has numerous water quality solutions that may fit into these funding opportunities including:
• PFAS / PFOS / PFOA Removal
• Disinfection By-Product Control (THM / HAA)
• Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC) Removal
• Plant & Distribution Tank Mixers
• THM/VOC Removal Systems
• Automated Disinfectant Management and Control in Distribution
• Wastewater Energy Efficiency
Our solutions can be applied to any type of project including new construction, rehabilitation, and improvements at existing sites.
Resources Available To You At No Cost
• Project consultation and evaluation to ensure proper equipment selection and sizing
• Return on investment analysis for wastewater energy efficiency projects
• Fast budget estimates and firm quoting for consideration
• Engineering specifications that can easily be incorporated into your bid
For a free consultation, project evaluation(s) and project budget estimate(s), please contact us at +1 866-437-8076 or through our website www.ixomwatercare.com/contact